Table of Contents
Protection of Personal Information Policy
Take Shape Property Management Pty Ltd is a real estate company, providing real estate related services and products across the real estate spectrum. These services include the following:
- Internet and networking marketing services
- Mandates and advice related to marketing, leasing, selling, managing properties
- Assistance and information regarding finances related to real estate services
The purpose of this document is to inform the client of the manner in which the way Take Shape Property Management Pty Ltd manages the collection, processing and or storage of Personal Information.
In this document, unless the context indicates otherwise, the words and expressions used herein shall have the same meaning assigned to them in the Protection of Personal Information Act No. 4 of 2013 and related expressions shall have corresponding meanings. For ease of reference, some definitions are highlighted below.
“Personal Information” means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person, including, but not limited to—
- information relating to the race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, national, ethnic or social origin, color, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental health, well-being, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language and birth of the person;
- information relating to the education or the medical, financial, criminal or employment history of the person;
- any identifying number, symbol, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number, location information, online identifier or other particular assignment to the person;
- the biometric information of the person;
- the personal opinions, views or preferences of the person;
- correspondence sent by the person that is implicitly or explicitly of a private or confidential nature or further correspondence that would reveal the contents of the original correspondence;
- the views or opinions of another individual about the person; and
- the name of the person if it appears with other personal information relating to the person or if the disclosure of the name itself would reveal information about the person;
“Responsible Party” means a public or private body or any other person which, alone or in conjunction with others, determines the purpose of and means for processing personal information;
“Operator” means a person who processes personal information for a responsible party in terms of a contract or mandate, without coming under the direct authority of that party
“Processing” means any operation or activity or any set of operations, whether or not by automatic means, concerning personal information, including –
- the collection, receipt, recording, organization, collation, storage, updating or modification, retrieval, alteration, consultation or use;
- dissemination by means of transmission, distribution or making available in any other form; or
- merging, linking, as well as restriction, degradation, erasure or destruction of information
‘‘Data Subject’’ means the person to whom personal information relates;
‘’ Service Provide’’ means any natural or legal person who process the data on behalf of the Company. it refers to third – party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the service, to provide the service on behalf of the Company, to perform service related to the service or assist the Company.
Generally, Take Shape Property Management Pty Ltd collects Personal Information in the following ways:
- Upon signing up for any of Take Shape Property Management Pty Ltd products or services;
- When Take Shape Property Management Pty Ltd conducts enquiries, audits, inspections or the like or in such a process seeks information from third parties in connection with the products and or services applied for;
- When interacting with Take Shape Property Management Pty Ltd ’s agents or employees (via telephone calls, letters, face-to-face meetings and emails);
- When making use of any Take Shape Property Management Pty Ltd real estate services
- Upon submission of a request to be contacted or in response to marketing or promotions or initiatives by Take Shape Property Management Pty Ltd
- When TAKE SHAPE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT PTY LTD receives references from business partners and third parties;
- Upon submission of Personal Information to TAKE SHAPE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT PTY LTD for any other reason.
Why collects the Information (data)
- Assess the application of client for rental of property.
- Providing users with the products or services or mandates they have signed up for
- To respond to complaints, queries, and any customer service-related matters
- To comply with company policies and procedures
- To facilitate the daily operation of the products and or services offered by TAKE SHAPE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT PTY LTD
- Credit and internal risk management
- Processing of payment instructions and any billing related matters
- Internal reporting and fulfilment of reporting requirements
- Continued administration of client portfolios
- For purposes reasonably related to the aforementioned
Type of data collected
While using Our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personality identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you, personally, identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- First names and last name
- D Number
- Address, State, Province, Zip/postal code, city
- Payments slip
- Reference Name and their contact details
- Contacts details
- Email address
- Signature to confirm the application
By providing Personal Information to TAKE SHAPE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT PTY LTD through the above means, clients acknowledge that there is consent for TAKE SHAPE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT PTY LTD to process such information.
In processing such information, the following principles are applied:
- All Personal Information provided by the Client to TAKE SHAPE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT PTY LTD, or to which TAKE SHAPE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT PTY LTD may be exposed, shall constitute Confidential Information and will not disclose Personal Information unless prior written consent from the Client is obtained, or where TAKE SHAPE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT PTY LTD is required to do so by law.
- TAKE SHAPE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT PTY LTD shall at all times strictly comply with all applicable Data Protection Laws which may be in force from time to time;
- TAKE SHAPE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT PTY LTD shall not, at any time process Personal Information for any purpose other than with the express prior written consent of the Client, and to the extent necessary to provide the services for which the Client has signed up;
- TAKE SHAPE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT PTY LTD shall ensure that all its systems and operations which it uses to provide the necessary services including all systems on which Personal Information is processed as part of providing the services, shall at all times be of a minimum standard required by all applicable Data Protection Laws;
- TAKE SHAPE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT PTY LTD shall take appropriate and reasonable technical and organizational measures to prevent the loss of, damage to or unauthorized destruction of Data and the unlawful access to or Processing of Data. The measures taken must at all times be of a minimum standard required by all applicable Data Protection Laws;
- TAKE SHAPE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT PTY LTD shall take reasonable steps to identify all reasonably foreseeable internal and external risks posed to Data undertake SHAPE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT PTY LTD’s possession or control and establish and maintain appropriate safeguards against any risks identified. TAKE SHAPE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT PTY LTD shall notify the Client as well as the Group Information Officer of any security compromises or suspected security compromises of which it becomes aware or suspects, immediately on becoming so aware or forming such a suspicion;
- TAKE SHAPE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT PTY LTD will only process and collect Personal Information for a purpose consistent with the purpose for which it is required in a manner that is adequate, relevant and not excessive in the context of the purpose for which it is processed and collected.
- TAKE SHAPE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT PTY LTD shall not be held responsible for the loss, damage, unauthorized use or unlawful access to Personal Information should the client not make use of security services or risk evaluations.
TAKE SHAPE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT PTY LTD retains Personal Information no longer than necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed. To the extent required by applicable law, TAKE SHAPE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT PTY LTD will erase or destroy Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- when the Data Subject withdraws consent to process Personal Information.
- after a period of five (5) years and/or the expiry of compulsory statutory or regulatory retention periods relating to Personal Information; or
- when it is necessary to comply with any court order, statutory and/or regulatory obligations to which TAKE SHAPE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT PTY LTD is bound
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g., Court or a Government Agency).
Other Legal Requirements
The Company may disclose your personal Data in the good faith belief that such action I necessary to:
- Comply with a legal Obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrong doing in connection with the service
- Protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of your Personal Data
The Security of your personal Data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal Data. We cannot guarantee is absolute security.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from Our Servers.
If we need to reply on consent as a legal basis for processing your information and your country requires consent from a parent, we may require your parent’s consent before we collect and use that information.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or third -party sites or services.
Should a client like to withdraw consent to the use of Personal Information or would like to access or make any amendments to their Personal Information they may contact their TAKE SHAPE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT PTY LTD who will assist them in this process.
Should a client withdraw their consent to the use of Personal Information, depending on the nature of the Personal Information, TAKE SHAPE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT PTY LTD may not be in a position to continue to render products or services to such a client or may not be in a position to continue with the contractual relationship between the client and TAKE SHAPE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT PTY LTD, which may result in the termination of any and or all agreements between the client and TAKE SHAPE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT PTY LTD.
11 CONTACT US
The details of TAKE SHAPE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT PTY LTD Information Officer and Head Office are as follows:
Information Officer: Subashni Fish
Telephone Number: 011 492 03 30
E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Office Details
Telephone Number: 0114920330
Physical Address: Take Shape House 203 Hellen Joseph Street Johannesburg 2000
The recipient of this document must treat it as confidential and must not disclose it to any party other than the recipient’s employees/customer on a need-to-know basis, or other individuals authorized under a written Confidential Disclosure Agreement signed by both parties. If the recipient does not agree with these provisions, please return this document immediately.